You will have received two welcome emails when you subscribed to us. If you have not received one or the other please check your Spam or Junk folders.
This guide will run you through the steps required to get your Expat Telly VPN connection set up and running on Vista or Windows 7. If you have not yet registered for a Expat Telly VPN Account then you should go here to subscribe first then return to the guide once you have received your Username and Password by email.
If you have not received your welcome emails be sure to check your spam folder.
1. Click Start --> Control Panel
2. Select "Network and Internet"
3. Select "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Select "Set up Connection or Network"
5. Select "Connect to a Workplace"
6. Select "Use my Internet Connection"
7. Enter the host name of the server you wish to connect to.
You will have received a VPN Server Address in your welcome email. This will be something like 'uk33.expattelly.com'. Enter this in the field 'Internet Address'.
Important: Please enter the actual address from the welcome email you received and not the example shown in the picture below.
In the field 'Destination Name' enter 'Expat Telly VPN'.
8. Enter your Username and Password
These will have been emailed to you when you subscribed to an Expat Telly VPN Package.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be extra careful when entering your username and password as they are BOTH cAse SeNSiTive. Be sure to enter them exactly as written
9. Click Connect
If all has gone well you should now be connected to our VPN.
10. Start watching - simply open your usual browser and browse to the site you wish to watch , e.g. iPlayer. You will now be able to watch as if you were in the UK.